2020 ROBERT AND GLADYS SPEARS
ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
APPLICATION & ELIGILIBITY
Any Marvell High School Senior who has been accepted to a college or university. Applicant MUST have at least a 2.5 Cumulative GPA to apply for the scholarship.
Applications must be submitted by July 10, 2020.
Application must be completed by the student and evaluated on the basis of material submitted by the stated due date. Late submissions will NOT be considered. Each application MUST contain the following items:
- Completed application form.
- A copy of your acceptance letter from a college or university.
- Official transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from at least two(2) community or professional references
- A typed essay of at least 250 words in which you explain:
o The reference must provide a recommendation as to the credibility and academic potentials of the student for the scholarship and a clear statement of the nature of any past or present experience with the student.
(1) The Importance of Contributing to my School and Community, and
(2) The Role I Will Play in Contributing to my Community and School When I Complete my Studies and Embark Upon my Chosen Career
(3) Criteria: Financial need, community leadership and potential to succeed are the primary factors to be considered.
DISBURSEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP
Upon enrollment at a college or university, a check will be sent to the business office to be applied to the student’s account.