2020 ‘MILLI MILLS’ ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
2019-2020 Minority Scholarship for College Students Applications Worksheet
IMPORTANT NOTE: The actual nomination form must be submitted to your High School Counselor where you can also attach the required supporting documents. All applications must be received no later than April 27, 2020. If you have any questions, you may consult with your High School Counselor or reach out to us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules, Criteria, and Submission Requirements
- Applicants shall be required to be a graduating high school senior for the school term. Selected candidates are expected to major in the field of Broadcast/Communications or any other departments related to Fine Arts or Entertainment.
- Selection of award recipient is based on the following criteria: i. The applicant’s academic record, minimum GPA of 2.8/4.0, ii. Applicant’s participation in Theatre/Communication/Fine Arts-Entertainment and professional or civic activities as outlined in the chapter advisor’s, department chair’s, or other faculty member’s evaluation in his/her letter nomination, iii. Applicant’s career objectives and plans as outlined in his/her career essay.
- Individual awards for the full academic year will be $500. Awards will be announced by your High School Counselor by May 1, 2020 or authorized date.
- In addition, the awarded recipient will be announced and honored on the Millhouse Entertainment and social media sites for an entire school year.
Instructions for submitting an application:
A complete application packet for the 2019-2020 ‘Milli Mills’ Academic Scholarship Award will consist of the following information.
- A career essay not to exceed 300 words; outlining immediate plans after graduation, areas of Broadcast/Communication/Entertainment interest, and long-range career objectives.
- A resume.
- Unofficial copy of student transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from the Fine Arts/Thespian Instructor, Department Choir, or Faculty member containing, but not limited to, the following:
i. Verification of nominee’s GPA and projected completion or graduation date.
ii. An evaluation of the student’s academic performance and participation in Theatre/Communication/Entertainment or a related field and other professional or civic activities.
iii. Signature on application (if applicable).
Click the Link to download the application MilliMills